LOCK variables (Re: (no subject))

2003-06-12 08:59:20
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Ronen Kfir wrote:

the LOCKTIMEOUT is ment for delletion of down.lck after 20 sec, so it
will not send me SMS over & over. the LOCKSLEEP is ment for recrearion
of down.lck after 360 sec.

my problem is down.lck doesnt dreated at all, & thus script doesnt work.

I think you're misunderstanding what LOCKTIMEOUT and LOCKSLEEP do.

Those variables are only used when there is a collision, that is, they
apply to the second (and later) procmail that attempts to create the lock
and finds that it already exists.  The first procmail will always create
the lock, do the action, and then immediately remove the lock again.

If you want to force the lock to exist for some length of time, you'll
need to create it yourself, not use procmail's lock mechanism to do so.