Re: Error???

2003-06-12 15:00:50
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:24:09PM -0700, Tom Most wrote:
I am getting a bunch of these in my .procmaillog:
procmail: Skipped "^M"
procmail: Skipped "^M"
procmail: Skipped "^M"

It looks like you edited your .procmailrc in a Windows/DOS-based
editor that left the Control-M chars at the end of the lines.
Depending on what editor you use to view the .procmailrc, you
may not see them.

If you edit your rc on a Windows/DOS box and upload via ftp,
you need to use ASCII for the type to keep this from happening.
On your unix box, you might have the command "dos2unix", which
you should use on the rc.  (Or use an editor such as vi, or
a stream editor, such as sed, to get rid of the control chars.)

--
dman