Re: Message ids are like addresses

2003-06-15 12:49:27
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 the voices made Alan Clifford write:

AC> Someone seems to be going through the procmail list archive and sending
AC> email to the message ids:

 (I) use a subdomain for the message-id's... that way it's a simple true/false
(spam/ham) situation whenever mail arrives with a based-on-the-emailaddress
faked in-reply-to/reference header, and/or mail sent to that subdomain.

 A few of these sure spamsigns and a bayesianfilter, and the spammers often end
up training your filter for you; not to mention that you don't have to file
these spams to see if there are any false positives among them.

--
  | Per scientiam ad libertatem! (Through knowledge towards freedom!) |