Re: Why Doesn't This Match?

2003-06-19 16:37:08

On Thursday, Jun 19, 2003, at 13:57 Canada/Mountain, Jake Di Toro wrote:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:15:05PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:

 * ^X-Spam-Flag:(.*\<)?YES

How could this possibly hope to match the given header line?? you've
specified that if there isn't a "<" at the end of whatever is in
between the ":" and "YES" then there is *nothing* inbetween.  And
since there is no "<" and there is obviously some non-viewable
character, this match will fail every time.

You're confused.

I've seen this used before (mainly in lines that assume an email
address) and I haven't understood it there since a bare email address
would make it fail as well.

Very confused.

check the man pages for \<

--
"As God as my witness, I though turkey's could fly," Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati