Re: Matching HTML tags

2003-06-23 07:22:07
lhoffner:  Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:44:34 -0400
lhoffner:  From: Lee Hoffner <lhoffner(_at_)directedmotion(_dot_)com>
lhoffner:  To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
lhoffner:  Subject: Re: Matching HTML tags
lhoffner:
lhoffner:  Thanks!
lhoffner:
lhoffner:  The message does say Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
lhoffner:
lhoffner:  If I setup a recipe to /dev/null base64 messages, would that be
likely to nuke
lhoffner:  legit email sent by my Outlook-using clients (and friends)?

It could, unless you write your filter correctly.

If I were you, I would route to $HOME/SPAM instead of /dev/null until you
have your filter worked out.

lhoffner:  LH> I have not been able to write a recipe that matches this
expression.
lhoffner:  LH> In fact
lhoffner:  LH> simply writing
lhoffner:  LH> :0 B:
lhoffner:  LH> * href
lhoffner:  LH>
lhoffner:  LH> returns NO match, when the line
lhoffner:  LH> <a
href="http://ulhoffnera(_at_)www(_dot_)somewebsite(_dot_)com"> is in the
message.
lhoffner:  LH>
lhoffner:  LH> Can somebody explain to me why testing for href would NOT
match?...
lhoffner:  LH>
lhoffner:
lhoffner:  >It was probably base 64 mime encoded.  Have a look at the message
with
lhoffner:  >"more" or "less" or "cat" or a text editor.
lhoffner:  >
lhoffner:  >
lhoffner:  >
lhoffner:  >Alan