Re: sending false positives to original recipients

2003-07-02 10:10:47
Michael Meltzer asked:

All spam indicated mail of our domain goes to one folder.
after manually deleting all real spam I want to send the
false positives to the original recipients.
How can i do this (maybe from the command line) ?

          "David W. Tamkin answered:

In most cases you can't, because by then the original envelope recipient
information is lost.  *If* your MTA preserves it (in a Delivered-To: or
can try something like this:

I am using sendmail 8.12.4, procmail 3.22 on solaris 8.

Thanks very much to all who answered.

I tried to run the handy command as  Scott Wiersdorf mentioned:
formail -s sendmail -oi -t < mbox
Some mails were sent and some failed.
So I think its the problem that  David W. Tamkin told about.
Now I am trying to configure sendmail as to store the envelope recipient
information
in a header and run his scripts.

Does someone on the list know how to configure sendmail accordingly ?

|   SICAD GEOMATICS      |   EMail : Michael(_dot_)Meltzer(_at_)sicad(_dot_)de

|   Lilienthal-Str. 7    |   Phone : +49-89-45026-108              |
|   85579 Neubiberg      |   Fax   : +49-89-45026-113              |