Re: Need help talking to formail

2003-07-02 23:48:30
At 23:51 2003-07-02 -0400, Lee Hoffner wrote:

Problem is the way it's currently written: the whole line, "From: Sender's
Name <sender(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>", gets written to the spammerlist. I just
want the
email address. Any ideas?

formail

Follow my .sig to my sandbox setup - there, you'll find several "common extractions" of headers, including "CLEANFROM"

The trick is to work as if you're going to REPLY to the message, and formail will strip a lot of crap for you, automatically.