Re: Sendmail and procmail

2003-07-09 10:05:56
At 09:26 2003-07-09 -0600, Eric wrote:
What is the best way to setup sendmail and procmail. I would like to setup a mailserver for winX clients to use for send and receive
I also plan on filtering with spamassassin.
Apparently I need to invoke promail from sendmail. Default install doesn't do this ? does it.

Depends upon the OS distribution and how you install sendmail & procmail. Many Linux distros include procmail as the LDA by default.

You should read the documentation for *sendmail* on how to install sendmail - the configuration of it is performed through the cf/cf/sendmail.mc file within the sendmail source distro. Things will be different if you use a distribution "package" instead of obtaining the sources from their respective download sites.