Re: Recipe doesn't deliver to specified folder

2003-07-11 02:47:33
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:22:55AM -0400, Lee Hoffner wrote:

A busy day has kept me from replying sooner. The recipe that seems to
deliver to the folder (but does not) is below:

#### SPAM filter: a list of spammers is maintained by Procmail ###
:0 :
* ? egrep -is -f /home/username/INBOX/spammerlist
{
      :0 hw
      SPAMMER=|formail -r |formail -x To:

      :0 :
      | echo "`date`: Caught a returning spammer! ($SPAMMER)" >>delete.log

      :0 :
      SPAM
}

I hope you see something that I don't!

I don't see offhand what's wrong, but I haven't looked
very hard.  However, I do notice that you are using formail
piped to formail, when that is quite unnecessary.

        formail -rx "To:"

works just fine.  Even better is to add the z flag and get rid
of the leading space:

        formail -rzx "To:"

--
dman