Re: Content-Disposition rule

2003-07-11 11:00:30
At 09:52 2003-07-11 -0500, Eric DuMond wrote:
:0B
* ^Content-Disposition.*filename=".*\.(vbs|js|exe|bat)"
/dev/null

First, filing to /dev/null isn't the best thing in the world - you should consider preserving the messages so that they can optionally be reviewed. A crontab-invoked shellscript can deal with automatically purging the suspect mailbox file on some period.

It works when I send from a web account but when I send using outlook in HTML format it does not match on the rule and it and writes it to my mail file.

Is there a better way? Any ideas would help.

Start by examining your mailspool file for the message sent by OutLook. Note that Content-Disposition: does not always appear on the same line as the filename.

Additionally, you could save yourself some grief if you didn't use MS OutBreak. Oh, and you could save the readers of this list some grief if you didn't use it to post here in HTML text, using small fonts.

Try the following (untested):

:0:
* B ?? ^Content-Disposition:.*\>+filename=".*\.(vbs|js|exe|bat)"
malware