spamrule - re without references

2003-07-12 14:49:46

Note that I extract the Subject to a variable, and leading whitespace is blasted in that process (see examples of extraction in my sandbox). This rule simply builds upon my spammishness model - alone, this characteristic isn't enough to ditch a message as spam, but it helps to elevate the message as junk when other factors are considered.

# 20030712/1349 SBS
# Re: at beginning of subject, but no associated headers
# (only counts as contributory - there's enough bozos out there that send
# new messages with Re:)
# one or both of the references type headers will cause the rule to fail.
:0
* SUBJECT ?? ^Re:
* 1^0
* -1^0 ^References:
* -1^0 ^In-Reply-To:
{
        SPAMVAL="+35"
        SPAMMISHNESS="${SPAMMISHNESS}${SPAMVAL}"
SPAMNOTES="${SPAMNOTES}SPAM: ${SPAMVAL} Re: subject without associated references headers${NL}"