using the exitcode of a program as a filter condition

2003-07-14 03:57:20
Hallo,

I've got a question to the following setup. The following is from (or for :)) my global /etc/procmailrc.

:0
? [...]/deletechecker.pl $LOGNAME
   /tmp/Mail.deleted

What I wanted is, that if a mail was tagged as spam befor (first condition) and a special checking skript returns a defined exitcode, the Mail gets deleted (or moved to a trash-box).

But the receipe above obviously is wrong.

How can I use the exitcode of a script as a condition? What should the program give back in case of 'true' and what in case of 'false', for that receipe to work?

Thank you again very much in advance,

Dennis Breithaupt