Serious error!? Procmail supplies filenames in /root as arguments to script

2003-07-14 03:40:07
Hi,

I've written a spamfilter in perl, and call the script everytime a new mail
arrives.

My .procmail looks like this:

#### .procmail ####
MESSAGE = `formail -f`
:0fhw: spamwizard.lock
| formail -t -X ""; /www/lillerud.no/spamwizard.pl $MESSAGE; echo

I use fetchmail to get mail from a very large mailbox (500+ mail)  and this
gives the server a lot to work with. Before I added the .lock-file to
procmail it would run 20-30 versions of spamwizard at the same time.
Now the problem is this; After a while it seems that the variable $MESSAGE
suddenly contains the name of the files in my /root directory!

I'll give you an example for clarification:
Suppose I have a file called secret_password_file in my /root catalog. When
scanning a mail spamwizard will suddenly have these tokens ....
This
is
mail
secret_password_file    (!!)
myself

Has anyone seen similar errors out there?

Thanks
Frode Lillerud, Norway