Re: Procmail globel filter

2003-07-18 10:14:42
At 12:23 2003-07-18 +0500, Shahid Mahmood wrote:
Let me explain it .. For example I want to putt a filter that will write down any email sent from any user should be written in a file
/root/backupmail file.

SENT FROM isn't a function of procmail. Procmail handles mail LOCALLY DELIVERED TO.

here is my /etc/procmailrc file

PATH=usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail      # You'd better make sure it exists

If you're specifying an absolute path in the message delivery, and not including anything, then redefining this is meaningless.

LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log

= /var/spool/mail/log

Probably not the best plage to cram a log - that's the MAILSPOOL directory. Let's hope you never have a user named log.

:0:
/root/backupmail

THAT will not produce a _Backup_ copy of anything - it'll be DELIVERY of THE message

What are the perms on /etc/procmailrc ?

Have you tried this with VERBOSE=ON ?

In future posts to the procmail list, please try to avoid using fonts and colours - plaintext is more likely to get you more responses. Some members, myself generally included, sometimes ignore such messages. I outright ignore messages which arrive as discrete file attachments for that matter.