Re: Preserving timestamp after rerunning procmail with Maildir

2003-07-23 03:55:49
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:23:10AM -0700, Mark Ruder wrote:

As he has already downloaded this mail, I want to rerun the filters to
remove the spam from his inbox. I followed the great advice already
posted
(http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/2002-07/msg00377.html),
but the timestamp is modified to the current date and time.

Does anybody know of a way to preserve the original date of the
messages?

Won't something like 'formail -A"From "' work?  See `man formail`,
which also contains this:

       When formail has to generate a leading  `From  '  line  it
       normally  will  contain  the  current date.  If formail is
       given the option `-a Date:', it will use the date from the
       `Date:'  field in the header (if present).  However, since
       formail copies it verbatim, the format  will  differ  from
       that expected by most mail readers.

--
dman