Trapping SPAM on Mail Lists

2003-07-03 11:50:09
My mail setup includes the following:
- FBSD-4.8
- Sendmail-8.12.8
- SpamAssassin 2.55
- Majordomo-1.94.5
- Procmail (just installed)
- Demime (for majordomo lists - just installed)

I have been running the first four in various versions just fine, except I
wanted to divert SPAM from the user mailboxes (with their permission -
actually demands) and so installed Procmail which is working just great!

Next, I decided to add Demime to cut down on bounces because of HTML that
the subscribers keep using disregarding instructions to use plain text.
Majordomo was configured to reject and bounce HTML. Of course, with the AOL
users, it's a constant problem because of the AOL HTML footers tacked on.

BTW, SpamAssassin has literally been catching about 99-100% of the SPAM and
the Subject line is tagged as [SPAM CONTENT] which the users could use in
their own email filters. Finally, everyone got tired of downloading several
MBs of SPAM every day just to get the good stuff. Good for my server too as
it reduces BW consumption.

NOW, my question: Seeing how well Procmail works, is there any way that I
could set up a recipe to catch and divert any mail from the mail lists
tagged by SpamAssassin based on the Subject [SPAM CONTENT]....??? I've
looked at the archives and lots of DOCs, but don't see an example that fits
me, even though I saw several based on "Subject". My RegEx is pretty weak
on top.

Any suggestions about the above, and even a different approach.....???

Thanks....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator