Re: Trapping SPAM on Mail Lists

2003-07-04 07:16:21
At 02:20 PM 7.3.2003 -0400, Lee Hoffner wrote:
Okay, although I'm a newbie, I'll bite first.

On Thursday 03 July 2003 02:41 pm, Jack L. Stone wrote:
[snip]

is there any way that I
could set up a recipe to catch and divert any mail from the mail lists
tagged by SpamAssassin based on the Subject [SPAM CONTENT]....???

Does

:0 :
* ^Subject:[ ]\[SPAM CONTENT]
(insert action here)

do it for you? (Note the space in brackets after "Subject:"...)

Lee: Your suggestion worked and many thanks! But, 2 more questions, please.

1) I run spamd as a daemon, so I don't need to call the "spamassassin"
recipe, but how do I apply the < 256000 limit which is omitted in my global
procmailrc file?

2) I assume the recipes are run in sequence from top to bottom. If this is
true, will my 2 "spam" recipes below work together okay? The reason for the
question is that I notice an occasional email is screened twice by
SpamAssassin, each with different "hits" vs my threshold -- one (first)
will be properly measured as being above and thus spam, while the other is
slightly below, and not spam. These all get the [SPAM Conten] tag however.
So, I thought the second recipe would catch those that slip by.

Here is a snippet of my global procmailrc:

<part of variables>
SPAM=/usr/samba/mail/spams

## RECIPES:

# This works
# NOTE: Do not use if spamd is already running.....
##:0fw: spamassassin.lock
##* < 256000
##| /usr/local/bin/spamassassin

# This works
# NOTE: Do not use if spamd is already running.....
##:0fw
##| /usr/local/bin/spamassassin

# All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher than the set threshold)
# is moved to "spam".
:0:
$SPAM

:0: