Re: flag lines

2003-07-04 13:44:54
At 14:14 2003-07-04 -0400, Lee Hoffner did say:
I've seen examples on various PM tutorial sites which use other integers
:1 :
but don't explain them.

Uhm, 'man procmailrc'. For reasonably recent versions, go to the very bottom, the last paragraph of NOTES, just before the AUTHORS section.

What other numbers can be used in flag lines and what do they signify? (Notably, David's mention of unasterisked conditions refers
to something I hadn't known: I thought all conditions have to begin with an
asterisk...)

They do - in the present :0 syntax of things (and I know of no-one using procmail who hasn't been using the newer syntax - it's been around for a *LONG* time).

IOW, any reference not using the :0 syntax for the flag lines should be regarded as extremely outdated. It's the procmail equivalent to an 8" floppy disk, or an 8-track music tape.