Re: flag lines

2003-07-04 19:55:31
Stan Ryckman wrote:

Actually, to be precise, it seems to identify the next N conditions,
rather than to treat the next N lines as conditions.

To be precise, I meant logical lines (any of which may span more than one horizontal line on the screen if there are continuation characters or if the line wraps past the right margin), but I should have made that clear rather than saying just "lines." The number on the flag line identifies the next N logical lines as conditions. In Stan's example,

        :2
        a\
        .*a

the conditions are on only two logical lines.