Re: flag lines

2003-07-04 16:14:51
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 02:14:30PM -0400, Lee Hoffner wrote:
As a learner, I tend toward parroting what is put in front of me.
Consequently, I write flag lines with zeros and never wondered whether that
number can be replaced with anything else. I've seen examples on various PM
tutorial sites which use other integers
:1 :
but don't explain them. What other numbers can be used in flag lines and what
do they signify? (Notably, David's mention of unasterisked conditions refers

At the bottom of procmailrc(5)

   In the old days, the `:0' that marks the beginning of a recipe, had  to be
   changed  to `:n', whereby `n' denotes the number of conditions that follow.

This is no longer the case. It will figure out the number of conditions from
context now. Using 0 is just the default number that everyone uses. You could
use any number.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.