Re: Auto-Reply not working with alias

2003-07-23 13:29:57
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, C. Wilson wrote:

CW>     I have a working auto-reply recipe, but I just noticed that if you have
CW> an alias set up ( in /etc/mail/aliases) it does not send an auto-reply
CW> message out for the alias. I'm confused on why.

CW> * $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>

What's your $LOGNAME?  If someone sends email to an alias, will they
include your logname in the To: field?

What did your procmail log say for the ones it missed?

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )