Auto-Reply not working with alias

2003-07-23 07:31:48
        I have a working auto-reply recipe, but I just noticed that if you have
an alias set up ( in /etc/mail/aliases) it does not send an auto-reply
message out for the alias. I'm confused on why. Below is my current
.procmailrc. I originally thought it was the X-Loop lines so I changed
"name(_at_)domain(_dot_)net" to "*(_at_)domain(_dot_)net", but it still did not
reply to the
alias. I'm beginning to wonder if the alias bypasses my .procmailrc all
together.

Any help or reference will be greatly appreciated.

# more .procmailrc

SHELL=/bin/sh    # for other shells, this might need adjustment

:0
# Perform a quick check to see if the mail was addressed to us
# (specifically, DIRECTLY to us, not Bcc: like a mailing list, or simply
# Cc: (for informational/filing purposes)
* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
# Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
* !^FROM_DAEMON
# Mail loops are evil
{
         :0 Whc: vacation.lock
         | /usr/bin/formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

         # if the name was not in the cache
         :0 e
         {
                 # extract the subject (I actually do this, and other
headers,
                 # in advance of all my regular recipes, so that it is
                 # available to all recipes without special work)
                 :0
                 * ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
                 {
                         SUBJECT=$MATCH
                 }

                 :0c
                 | (/usr/bin/formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
                         -I"Subject: Auto-Reply RE: $SUBJECT" \
                         -A"X-Loop: name(_at_)domain(_dot_)net" ; \
                         cat $HOME/info.txt ) \
                         | $SENDMAIL -oi -t -f name(_at_)domain(_dot_)net

Thanks,
--
CWilson