New to the list - after some effort

2003-07-25 05:49:28
I've just joined this list after some effort - the addresses given on the
procmail website for joining this list are wrong. It lists
procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de rather than
procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de(_dot_)

OK, to the reason I joined  :-)
I have a working fetchmail+procmail setup, running as root, on my SuSE 8.2
box. However, I have one problem - the emails collected from a single ISP
account are split between two users, myself and my wife. The mail spool for me
(/var/mail/john) has its permissions set correctly (i.e. it is owned by john)
but the one for my wife (/var/mail/anne) does not (it is owned by root every
time a new file is created). Could anyone suggest why this is? Currently, I'm
running a cron job to chown this file to anne every so often, but this isn't
ideal! Given that procmail is responsible for creating and adding to these
files, I assume that it's a procmail problem, but I can't find anything in the
manual that tells me why one user works and the other doesn't!

I am running fetchmail as a daemon, started during boot, using

startproc /usr/bin/fetchmail -d 600 -m "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" -f
/etc/fetchmail.conf

and my procmailrc (/etc/procmailrc) file is as follows:

:0:
* X-Mailinglist:.*suse-linux
/var/mail/john
:0
* List-ID:.*greenbelt
{
  :0c:
  /var/mail/anne
  :0:
  /var/mail/john
}
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamc
:0
* ^^rom[ ]
{
  LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "

  :0 fhw
  | sed -e '1s/^/F/'
}
:0:
* ^TO_anne
/var/mail/anne
:0:
/var/mail/john

TiA

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john(_at_)headstrong-games(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk            Fun : Strategy : Price