Re: help with receipe

2003-08-07 13:36:36
On Thursday, Aug 7, 2003, at 12:56 Canada/Mountain, Chris Barnes wrote:
a) first look to see if it was marked as spam from my ISP (almost no
false positives, I'm guessing their threshhold is pretty high); if so,
put the message into ~/mail/Spam/Filtered  (later I'll probably change
this to /dev/null).

Simple, get for X-Spam-Status BEFORE you pipe your message through SA on your local box.

b) check to see if SA on my machine marked the message with a really
high score (9 or higher); if so, put the message into
~/mail/Spam/Filtered  (later I'll probably change this to /dev/null).
c) check to see if SA on my machine marked the message as spam (should
only have scores between 5-8.9 at this point).  If so, put the message
into put the message into ~/mail/Spam/Probable

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status:(.*\<)?Yes
Spam/Filtered

:0fw
| /path/to/spamassasin

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Level:(.*\<)?\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
Spam/Filtered

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status:(.*\<)?Yes
Spam/Probable

What am I doing wrong here?

Running the message through SA before you test it for spam headers from your ISP?

0:
* ^Subject:.\*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*\*
Spam/Filtered

# If the rating is 9 or higher, dump it
0:
Spam/Filtered

# SA on cornerstone has it marked
0:
Spam/Probable

I'm shocked ANY of these are working.

:0 is the correct syntax, not 0:

what does your log say?

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forego their use." -Galileo