Re: Delete the [ ] in lists

2003-08-07 14:28:10
At 13:00 2003-08-07 -0700, Andrew Kelley wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Thomas Bergstam wrote:

I'am transfering this (and other) lists to INN (news). Is there an
easy way
to delete the [ and ] in the subject line which man list-software
produce
(not this one)?

So are you exposing the e-mail address of everyone who posts to the list
to the Usenet address harvesters?

Uh, no I expect he's using INN locally on his system (though since most
lists require that you be subscribed in order to post, he'd have to do
some
footwork to allow his users to post replies).

As to the answer to the query - check the list archives, it's been covered
several times before.  Expect "issues" with Re:/Fwd: prefixes though.

Thanks, I'll do that! As I said in a private note to Andrew, I'm transfering
the list-stuff to INN but I have no newsfeed so there is no concern. Using
Postfix/Procmail and a mail2news script.....