Re: help with procmail script

2003-08-19 09:48:41
LuKreme (List User Kreme) <kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Monday, Aug 18, 2003, at 13:24 Canada/Mountain, Scott Wiersdorf
wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:47:00PM -0500, Chris Barnes wrote:
My Question:
What would the procmail script look like that would look at the
subject
line and strip out the *****SPAM***** if it exists?  My idea is to
put this into the /etc/procmailrc file (which currently looks like:

Can't you simply tell SA not to markup the Subject line?  Or do you
not have access to ~/.spamassassin/ ?

*sigh*  - I explained the situation in the original message.

Email is coming into my Linux box with 2 possible addresses:
  1) the userid(_at_)realboxname
  2) userid(_at_)forwardingaddress

SA is running on BOTH the local box AND the ISP handing the forwarding
address.  SA is being called on the local box from the /etc/procmailrc
file with the script (yes, this is the entire script)
    DROPPRIVS=yes
    :0fw
    | /usr/bin/spamc

SA on the local box is working perfectly.  The problem is the messages
that come from the ISP (which I have no control over whatsoever) that
have the subject line already mugged with

*****SPAM***** original subject

What I want to do is strip the SA headers - if they exist - that are
coming from the ISP.

Based on other replies, I tried using the script (/etc/procmailrc - NOT
~/.procmailrc)

    DROPPRIVS=yes
    :0fhw
    * ^X-Spam-
    | "/usr/bin/spamassassin -d"

    :0fw
    | /usr/bin/spamc

but alas, this appears to be the wrong syntax (fyi: -d
and --remove-markup are the same).

--

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes