Re: help with procmail script

2003-08-19 11:31:09
[once again, this followup posted only to the procmail list]

At 11:27 2003-08-19 -0500, Chris Barnes wrote:

[big snip]

but alas, this appears to be the wrong syntax (fyi: -d
and --remove-markup are the same).

I refrained pointing out that the functionality of --remove-markup could possibly be limited to removing the markup form as the local system is configured to add it - so if you use [spam], but your upline ISP uses *****SPAM*****, your local config might not be able to do the job. That's just a guess - after all, this list is about procmail not SpamAssassin, and I don't use SA.

If the purely PROCMAIL solutions which have already been posted don't work for you, and a CORRECT invocation of SA in markup cleaning mode doesn't do it locally, I must wonder if you can't simply run SA at your upline ISP to remove the tags before depositing the messages in your mailbox there.