Re: FW: How procmail behaves on program failure (Was: Re: (no subject))

2003-08-21 21:51:41
Joe Ruddy followed up:

After doing some research I found a post on the maildrop list about a
patch for vdelivermail.  I applied the patch recompiled vpopmail and
now procmail works.

To be fair, procmail always "worked", it was just avoiding delivering a
message to a failing program, as you correctly told it to do with the
'w' flag. The fault lay with the app rather than procmail.

To make the configuration more robust, a DEFAULT can be given to cover
cases where vdelivermail fails, instead of bouncing or requeuing.

hth,

M.