Re: Questions

2003-08-27 17:28:10
At 19:47 2003-08-27 -0400, Homer Wilson Smith wrote:

    1.) In manual it says [^-a-d] means not - a,b,c,d or new line.

    Why new line?

        Because. (*)

   2.) What does [^ ] mean different from [^     ].

space+tab = standard whitespace tokens within a line. Same goes for when you see a bracket which appears to contain more than one space.

   3.) In procmailex under vacation program it says,

    * $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>

    What does $\LOGNAME do?  Where is this documented?

$\ is documented in 'man procmailrc'. Search on that string itself, or on "magic", and you'll find refereces.

(*) I'm a father, and this is a legitimate answer to many queries.