Re: procmail log for multiple users

2003-08-29 03:17:41
In <bilsqm$vf0$1(_at_)sea(_dot_)gmane(_dot_)org>, culley harrelson
<culley(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)fm> writes:
... One modification I implemented was to
centralize the logging into a single file (since I am the only one who
will ever look at it anyway).  So far everything is working fine-- it
there anything inheirently wrong with doing this?

Not at all.

The log is definitely bigger and harder to glance over...  mailstat
isn't cutting it for reporting on this file.  Does anyone know of a
generic log summary tool that could work on a procmail log?  I could
write my own without too much trouble but I don't want to reinvent the
wheel.

Analog might be an opton, see http://www.analog.cx/helpers/index.html#preproc
for helper applications to convert various mail logs to common log format
and a modified language file to have analog generate reports with "mail
terminology".

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch(_at_)atmedia(_dot_)net