Re: Reinjecting emails into procmail

2003-09-02 23:41:11
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 16:23, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

[...]
I tried changing the permissions to '0644' (it was 0600 before) but that
didn't help.

What's your euid? You'll need to make sure procmail is running under
the same effective uid as the owner of the file before procmail will
allow you to do that. You'll also want to check permissions on the
home directory (can't be world- or group-writable).

From procmail(1):

[...]

The permissions on the home directory are OK. The UID of the user
running formail/procmail was root. The owner of the file is 'popuser',
which is the owner of all files relating to mail (just the way qmail
does things). As I said, I rather not give popuser a shell (as I plan on
reinjecting regularly as I test new rules) so I was hoping for a neater
solution.

Regards,
Gonzalo