Using ^TO or ^TO_ in recipies

2003-09-09 10:23:27

I am trying to gain deeper understanding of procmail by joining this
list, reading man pages, FAQs, etc.  I am unclear on some of the
instructions however.

Procmail is configured as the LDA/MDA with sendmail 8.12.8 on RH8.0.
I have a global /etc/procmailrc that sets numerous variables, makes
a call to spamassassin and "includes" the rc for spambouncer.

My home directory has a .procmailrc that includes several additional
rc files, but every once in awhile, some of my list emails end up in
an unexpected location.  But more importantyly, I am not seeing any
spamassassin headers in my messages.

Here are my questions;

1.  Is the global /etc/procmailrc *always* used since it exists?
2.  Are the recipes in the global file given a precedence over a
    personal rc file?  Or should I "INCLUDERC" the /etc/procmailrc
    from my personal ~/.procmailrc file?
3.  When is the right time in the /etc/procmailrc to DROPPRIVS?
    I assume this means procmail is running as root or mail until
    a DROPPRIVS=yes is encountered, at which time, procmail will
    run as the user a message is to be delivered to.
4.  When it is better to use the /etc/procmailrcs/some-recipe.rc
    file location?

Thanks,
Dan