Re: Procmail lock

2003-09-22 08:15:10

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:06:53PM +0000, mbaki(_at_)infoa(_dot_)com wrote:

I keep getting this error:

procmail: Lock failure on "/var/mail/jsmith.lock"

Since the .procmailrc you showed us makes absolutely no use of any lock,
nor even any file-save whatsoever, I must conclude that you are not
giving us the information we need to help.

:0 HB

Be very careful about those flags.  There is a known bug where,
once you set the H flag that way in a recipe's top line, it remains
set for the duration of the .procmailrc.  That may be contributing
to your problem (but that's just a guess, since we don't have
sufficient information to know what is going wrong for you).

Suggest you rewrite using alternate syntax, such as:

 :0
 * HB ?? ^Content-Disposition: attachment;
 * HB ?? filename=".*\.(exe|vbs|shs|com|pif|bat|scr)"
 /dev/null

Or, better, use one of the more advanced virus-catching recipes
such as those that have been posted to this list many times or
those that are described on Nancy McGough's procmail pages:
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#viruses

--
dman