Re: Procmail lock

2003-09-22 08:28:59
When mbaki(_at_)infoa(_dot_)com wrote,

| > I keep getting this error:
| >
| > procmail: Lock failure on "/var/mail/jsmith.lock"

Dallman responded,

| Since the .procmailrc you showed us makes absolutely no use of any lock,
| nor even any file-save whatsoever, I must conclude that you are not
| giving us the information we need to help.

If that was the entirety of the .procmailrc, though, it does: the only locking
comes when procmail falls off the end and tries to save to $DEFAULT.  Since
/var/mail/username is a typical location for a default mail spool, that's very
likely where the lock failure is happening.  I think Jack's right: the problem
is likely the directory permissions on /var/mail/.