Re: Filter based on length of the From address?

2003-09-22 11:10:18
At 13:22 2003-09-22 -0400, Brian Nesbit did say:
I was trying to find some insight on how I can filter based on the length of the From address. Specifically I want to filter anything with a From address greater than 55 characters in length because of a downstream application

You'd be well advised to consider getting the downstream application fixed then.

# get the From: address as an address component ONLY (no comments)
:0 h
CLEANFROM=|formail -IReply-To: -rtzxTo:

# then, use scoring to count the characters

:0:
* -55^0
* 1^1 CLEANFROM ?? .
toolong.mbx

stringlength reciped have been posted to the list previously.

See the url in my .sig for a link to my sandbox, which includes various other header extractions which are commonly utilized.