Re: procmail in sendmail as local mailer

2003-09-23 12:37:59
At 13:52 2003-09-23 -0400, Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist did say:
               A=procmail -Y /etc/procmailrc -a $h -d $u  /etc/procmailrc

Actually, I added the "/etc/procmailrc" to have it run procmail with a
system-wide procmailrc file against all incoming messages.

Well, uh, if procmail is locally delivering the files, it's process /etc/procmailrc (or /usr/local/etc/procmailrc, depending on your system - see the manpage). Thus diddling with the Mlocal definition is likely to break things.

The contents  of that file for now are:

:0f:
| formail -I "X-test: This message has be pre-Processed"

The lockflag is inappropriate.

How bad an idea is this  if we simply want sendmail to run something
else defined in a systemwide procmailrc (users don't have accounts on this
host; rather, mail is routed via tables to them)

In which case, are they really being delivered locally, or via the prog mailer (in which case, Mlocal will not be invoked)?