Re: leading .'s

2003-09-25 10:31:47
At 12:18 2003-09-25 -0400, Homer Wilson Smith wrote:
   Such e-mail that is redirected gets truncated if any lines
start with a lone period.

    Anyway around this?

Uh, and the PROCMAIL recipe you're using IS?

The lone dot issue is a matter of the SMTP protocol, and I suspect somebody is improperly invoking sendmail without the proper arguments.

   Pointers to the RTFM always welcome.

        'man sendmail'

search for, of all things, 'dot'. You should add '-i' to the sendmail invocation to avoid the situation you're experiencing.

Please bear in mind that problems with sendmail are best resolved via the sendmail support groups, such as usenet: comp.mail.sendmail