Re: [adm] (was: Email Headers)

2003-09-25 10:38:54
Toen ik Professional Software Engineering kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

[RWTH-Aachen.DE's SpamAssassin results]
Is there a good reason why these headers are allowed to get out and
reach me?

Uh, because that host adds them when performing a spam check.  Should it
really be performing a spam check on mail which is is relaying on
behalf of another host at it's own domain?  I dunno - but let's face
it, at least it is demonstrating that rwth-aachen is doing something
about spam.

I am against letting those headers out, for the same reason that
I am against mentioning a virusscanner in some disclaiming text
somewhere in the body of a message.

Anyone can put those lines in the headers, so it's best to remove
them from incoming mail. Users might get accustomed to them and
start 'trusting' them.

They should at least use a more unique header, like
  X-RWTH-Aachen.DE-Spam-Status,
to point out that it's just a local conception.

--
Affijn, Ruud

I live across a Fire Department Outlet, so be assured that my
messages will not cause fire on your machine, since the fire-
fighters can be here in seconds and I always count to 10 before
I send.