Re: generic .forward

2003-10-07 05:13:02
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Dana Holland wrote:

Is there any way to create a generic .forward file, that will accept
message addressed to anyone(_at_)domain(_dot_)a and pipe them through the
vacation.pl program so that the sender can be notified that the email
addresses have changed to anyone(_at_)domain(_dot_)b?

I know how to create an entry in sendmail's virtusertable file to take
care of that side of the process, but I can't figure out what to do with
the .forward file.

As mentioned, you probably wanna do this within your MTA. If it's sendmail,
one way could be using the access database or virtusertable. Do a google
search on those and sendmail

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies