Re: [-0.7] Re: Problems with Osirusoft List

2003-10-13 23:03:47
From: Charles Gregory <cgregory(_at_)hwcn(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: [-0.7] Re: Problems with Osirusoft List
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:14:46 -0400 (EDT)

cgregory> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Jack Olszewski wrote:
cgregory> > Do not use osirusoft at all. They've been out of action since 29
Aug 03.
cgregory>
cgregory> First, I'll sing a chorus of 'upgrade to 2.6' - I'll do that tomorrow
at
cgregory> work. Thanks.
cgregory>
cgregory> But I am concerned about those people like me with a default RH9
cgregory> installation whose SA is trying to access Osirusoft and getting a
cgregory> *positive* result on the test. How is that possible if the list isn't
cgregory> there? Or will everyone running SA 2.44 get the bogus listing for
their
cgregory> own domain?

I believe osirusoft came under a massive DOS attack, and they decided
to produce *positive* results for any ip address, thus alerting email
administrators to their problem. By now, osirusoft is used by
practically nobody, I think.