Re: SpamAssassin on this list (Was: Some emails baypass Recipe)

2003-10-16 12:44:10
At 13:03 2003-10-16 +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
I find it rather ridiculous to put this list mail through
SpamAssassin and reject posts that trigger its positive
evaluation.

Ok, I'd agree that on a list such as this one, that probably doesn't work well, but then your message didn't bounce because of content.

Moreover, we have not had a dependable list moderator for quite
some time (as in, about a year).  I don't know if the message
that I spent forty minutes creating is ever going to be
published to this list or not.

Well, it's not really a moderator, since the list messages don't generally go through a moderation process. Messages with "issues" having to be approved is somewhat different, and yes, I recognize that the admin tasked with this isn't around as often as listmembers might hope, however, I know from my administrative duties on some other lists that it can sap a lot from you keeping on top of other peoples' problems.

I don't receive the list bounces (thankfully), but I've been in contact with the list admin last month to contend with a recurring problem that affects us all - nimrods who auto-reply to list posts, and as a result, Phillip and I both have the proverbial keys to the list to attend to problems when we see something amiss. Seeing as Phillip isn't around often, if you've got a posting problem, let me know and I'll check into it (it's all done via the web administrative interface).

Note that the listadmin interface has no controls for whether the list is affected by SpamAssassin, which appears to be a server-level implementation.

BTW, there's an _option_, though not enabled, to convert all posts to text/plain... MUST...RESIST...URGE...TO...TWEAK.

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Message has a suspicious header

Implies there was something wrong with the headers of your message. Upon checking, it seems probable that it is because your message was relayed by a host in a certain DNSBL.

Note that I locally filtered out the original message to which you were replying (which was multipart/mixed, and matched other characteristics).

I no longer have the email address of the original poster
to whom I have replied, Jacoub Sbaiti, so I hope either my
post gets published or he sees this message.

I've gone ahead and approved the message to the list, which should have arrived sometime before this reply.