Re: reverse the spam rules

2003-10-30 15:49:12

Having a greenlist rather than editing the recipe file sounds like a
real plus.  I'm keeping this email because I also want to use the
variable instead of adding a header line, but one forest fire at a
time.  ;^)  Anyway, I am doing something wrong accessing my
allowlist.dat:

:0
* ? formail -xFrom: | fgrep -i -f allowlist.dat
| formail -a "X-Keeplist-Member:Procmail has allowed this message through."

However, in my log file

procmail: Executing " formail -xFrom: | fgrep -i -f allowlist.dat"
fgrep: can't open allowlist.dat

ok.  it needs to be pathed.  So I modified my .procmailrc to have it in
the default PATH.  nope.  So I modified my recipe to refer to
~/cbar44/.procmail/allowlist.dat.  nope.  So I modified it to fully
qualify allowlist.dat.  Nope.  allowlist.dat is mode 0644, owned by me...

:0 f
*$ ^From:.*\cbot.com
| formail -a "X-Keeplist-Member:Procmail has allowed this message through."

:0
* $ ^From:.*cbot\.com
{
         KEEPER=yes
}

*MUCH* less overhead.  Note also that the dot in the domain is escaped and
the bogus slash before cbot is removed (what'd you indend it to be
doing?).  Of course, this might match any number of domains that END with
cbot.com.  One spam source that immediatley springs to mind is "nicbot.com"

Yarg.  I was trying to do [\@,\.]cbot\.com.  Thanks for catching that.

| Christopher L. Barnard         O     When I was a boy I was told that |
| cbarnard(_at_)tsg(_dot_)cbot(_dot_)com         / \    anybody could become
president.  |
| (312) 347-4901               O---O   Now I'm beginning to believe it. |
| http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~cbarnard                --Clarence Darrow |
+----------PGP public key available via finger or PGP keyserver---------+