Re: reverse the spam rules

2003-10-30 16:51:35
At 16:29 2003-10-30 -0600, Christopher L. Barnard wrote:
:0
* ? formail -xFrom: | fgrep -i -f allowlist.dat
| formail -a "X-Keeplist-Member:Procmail has allowed this message through."

However, in my log file

procmail: Executing " formail -xFrom: | fgrep -i -f allowlist.dat"
fgrep: can't open allowlist.dat

What dir is it in? I actually have a directory for such files, and the recipe uses a $PMDIR/ prefix on the file (and a flag to ensure the variable is expanded).

Tried simply moving the file into the same dir as is set by MAILDIR ?

ok.  it needs to be pathed.  So I modified my .procmailrc to have it in
the default PATH.

PATH is used for program execution, not locating data files.

  nope.  So I modified my recipe to refer to
~/cbar44/.procmail/allowlist.dat.

Use $HOME instead.  See the manpages.

Yarg.  I was trying to do [\@,\.]cbot\.com.  Thanks for catching that.

What is the significance of the comma? also @ doesn't need escaping, and dot doesn't when part of a character class...