Re: recipe problem

2003-10-31 01:55:22
At 20:10 2003-10-30 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
I'm having a problem getting some recipes to work. I *think* they're setup correctly.I'm running procmail-3.22-5 on a Redhat 7.3 box. My ./.procmailrc file looks like this:

SHELL=/bin/sh PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail LOGFILE=$PMDIR/.procmail. VERBOSE=yes MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
LOGABSTRACT=all
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/duplicates.rcINCLUDERC=$PMDIR/backup.rc INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/basics.rc#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/testing.rc INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spamtrap.rc

Notice basics.rc comes before spamtrap.rc.

What I notice is that there are several lines which don't have proper newline breaks in them. Perhaps you should ensure that your procmailrc file isn't similarly hosed, though I'm guessing that your mail client or sending mail server is actually to blame for this malformed post.

and :0:                                                        *

Your posted message formatting is so hosed that if your problem weren't so trivial, it wouldn't be worth diagnosing until there's a copy posted with properly formatted linebreaks, etc. Barring that, posting files to a webspace can be beneficial.

I so very hope that your post isn't representative of a "typical" message from Eudora 5.2.1

$MAILDIR/holtzm Mail the log shows: procmail: No match"^From:.SchwabAlerts.MyPortfolio
@Schwab.com"

Because a SINGLE DOT matches a SINGLE CHARACTER. Try putting an asterisk after the dot in the From: (and properly escaping the two dots which are intended to match real dots). I suspect your prolem with the morningstar one is similar, but your boffed MUA makes it difficult to know for sure.