Re: recipe problem

2003-11-01 15:56:39
At 12:38 AM 10/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
At 20:10 2003-10-30 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
I'm having a problem getting some recipes to work. I *think* they're setup correctly.I'm running procmail-3.22-5 on a Redhat 7.3 box. My ./.procmailrc file looks like this:

SHELL=/bin/sh PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail LOGFILE=$PMDIR/.procmail. VERBOSE=yes MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
LOGABSTRACT=all
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/duplicates.rcINCLUDERC=$PMDIR/backup.rc INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/basics.rc#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/testing.rc INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spamtrap.rc

Notice basics.rc comes before spamtrap.rc.

What I notice is that there are several lines which don't have proper newline breaks in them. Perhaps you should ensure that your procmailrc file isn't similarly hosed, though I'm guessing that your mail client or sending mail server is actually to blame for this
malformed post.

The procmailrc file is O.K. The hosed email is the result of copying the info from linux to the Windows partition, then booting Windows and pasting it into Eudora . Pine has started to refuse to send my authentication to the SMTP server so I'm forced to use Windows to send until I can troubleshoot Pine. It looked good when it left here. Eudora may be partially to blame. It's always been a PITA.

$MAILDIR/holtzm Mail the log shows: procmail: No match"^From:.SchwabAlerts.MyPortfolio
@Schwab.com"

Because a SINGLE DOT matches a SINGLE CHARACTER. Try putting an asterisk after the dot in the From: (and properly escaping the two dots which are intended to match real dots). I suspect your prolem with the morningstar one is similar, but your boffed MUA makes it difficult to know for sure.

Thanks.

Bob Holtzman