Re: Forwarding and errors

2003-11-02 17:55:19
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Andrew Edelstein wrote:

AE> Unfortuantly that doesn't work. I use virtusertable (Sendmail) to do
AE> such forwards, and I still get all the bounces. Or what's worse, I get
AE> all the bounces back from the original sender's server (or more
AE> specifically, the MX host of the domain in the original "from" address)
AE> telling me that address doesn't exist.

:0
* TO_someone(_at_)example(_dot_)com
| $SENDMAIL -oi -f "" someone(_at_)notat(_dot_)example(_dot_)com

To try to hide yourself, you need to use the -f in sendmail. The -f ""
should make them bounce to themselves.  I imagine you would need a
more sophisticated condition line.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )