Re: Script Fails

2003-11-27 11:29:44
At 15:10 2003-11-25 -0800, Tom Most wrote:
I have a recipe which sends bounces based on

: 0
* ^TO_bounce(_at_)somedomain(_dot_)com

Well, JFTR, that's not "Return-Path:" you're checking...

{
 :0 b

This second level is wholly unnecessary - eliminate the braces, and put the 'b' flag on your outer flags line.

 | /home/somedomain/cgi-bin/bounce.php

Is the script exectuatble, and does it have an appropriate shell invocation at the top of the script?

This script used to work (until the server crashed and we had to do a
complete reinstall),

Might I recommend regular _backups_ to avoid the need to completely reinstall a system in the event of a failure? Even my tinkertoy test box is backed up.

and still works when I hard code the body into it.

Uh, exactly what do you mean by this statement? hard code the body into the PHP script, or manually pipe a message body file into the script at a shell prompt?

Are there any environment variables which the script expects to have access to which may not be getting set in your procmail environ?

It reads the body of the email as php://stdin:
[snip]

This not being a PHP forum, the diagnosis of your PHP script is going to be difficult. Have you tried copying the PHP script and adding debug code to it? If procmail isn't failing it, then the PHP script would seem to be successfully opening and reading the complete message, and must be failing at some point beyond that - say, when it goes to DO something with the message, which you're not seeing it DO.