Re: LOGFILE troubles and /bin/test: /dev/null: cannot create

2003-12-05 14:52:10
At 19:11 2003-12-05 +0100, Ralph SOBEK wrote:
                /bin/test: /dev/null: cannot create

the context you provide below doesn't relate to this. Try again. Use VERBOSE=ON, and manually pair up the rcfile to the logfile where it relates, and pare it down so that we don't have to become familiar with your entire universe to home in on a one-line bug.

So, something is being set to NULL and procmail is trying to create
it?

No, technically, /bin/test is trying to create it.

        Here is an excerpt from a procmail procedure:

"a" procmail procedure isn't useful. How about THE procmail procedure associated with the log entry. You'd discover this by setting VERBOSE=ON.

procmail: Assigning "LOGABSTRACT=no"
procmail: Assigning "LOGFILE="
procmail: Opening "/dev/null"
procmail: Error while writing to "/dev/null"

This log doesn't correlate to the above, not unless this starts at the very end, after "reestablish context", since you don't set LOGABSTRACT=no anywhere in your code.

        This is hard to debug, since the debugging output *is* interfering
with the log generation itself.

Sandbox.  The comment out a few lines interfering with the log settings.

As for removing SA headers, as has been posted here previously, apparently SA has options for doing this itself (though the overhead might be extreme <g>).