Adding Subject line from a file

2003-12-06 22:24:46

I need to add the subject line to the following recipe using what is in the
file called .subject.
The problem is the way I am doing it, it just adds the path that is in $HOME
and .subject to the subject line and not the what is in the file. Could
somebody tell the best way to do this.
I am doing it this way so that different users can add there own subject
line and msg without messing with the recipe.

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
# Perform a quick check to see if the mail was addressed to us
* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
# Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
* !^FROM_DAEMON
# Mail loops are evil
| formail -rD 8192 .vacation.cache

:0 ehc
 | (formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
-I"Subject: cat $HOME/.subject" \
-A"X-Loop: cat $HOME/.youremail" ; \
cat $HOME/.vacation.msg) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t