Re: Cutting off attachments

2003-12-09 05:22:19
Hi,
* jlsonnette(_at_)tiscali(_dot_)fr wrote on 09.12.2003 (12:18):
        I would like to use procmail (Cygwin/Win2K to work with Pine) to
'cut off' executable (.exe), powerpoint (.ppt), ... files from the emails
that get in my inbox.  I have found some recipes which delete emails to
which certain types of files are attached, but I haven't found a recipe
that cuts off the attachment, but still passes on the actual email.

Look at [1]. There is a section mime.rc, that seems to do
something like you want. It makes use of procmaillib [2] to
achieve this. I'm currently using pm-lib only for subjects,
so I don't know if this helps.

-sa

[1] http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~chalpin/project/spam.html
[2] http://pm-lib.sf.net/
--
sa at programmers-world dot com
http://www.livingit.de

I think that I shall never see
A thing as lovely as a tree.
But as you see the trees have gone
They went this morning with the dawn.
A logging firm from out of town
Came and chopped the trees all down.
But I will trick those dirty skunks
And write a brand new poem called 'Trunks'.